Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Ixelle - ten months down

Yesterday I cleared out a lot of milk from my freezer. Lately it has started to sink in that in less than 2 months I will no longer be spending 2 hours a day with my trusty pump. We have a love-hate relationship, but knowing that it's almost over and Thumper is almost 1 has given me a renewed patience with pumping. Part of me can't believe that it went by so fast and another part can't believe the huge chunk of my life dedicated to pumping this past year. If my calculations are correct, by the time I'm done I'll have pumped for an amount of time totaling an entire month. That doesn't matter, my goal is in sight, I've already seen the fruits of my labor. I've given my son a great start and all this is worth it. Looking back I realize that I would have never made it this far if it wasn't for my husband and his support as well as his insistence that Thumper needed milk. No matter what you do in life, I think that a good support system gives you a great boost toward reaching your goals. I've been very blessed. I'm proud of what I'm about to accomplish, even though the daunting task of pumping while visiting my husband's relatives in Taiwan is still to be conquered. Maybe I'll miss pumping, who knows (yeah, right!). So ladies, seriously, if I can do this for ten months I know you can too if you want to.

In other news, I'm down to pumping 3 times a day at 8am, 4pm and 11pm. 40 minutes each time. I've had to use a couple of frozen bags in the past few weeks, but I'm not lacking in frozen milk and one those days I was still almost pumping enough to feed him. I'm guessing this is probably due to him drinking more milk because of teething. No plans to drop down to twice a day yet, so this might be the schedule I stick with until I start weaning off the pump. I'll update again when I get back from Taiwan with my experiences.

1 comment:

  1. My daughter will be 1 on March 10th... I have enough in the freezer for 60 days and have 10 days of pumping left... I am down to 3 pumps a day at 5:45am, 2pm and 9pm. I am still making enough but have dropped about 3-4 oz a day. I dread quitting and hope it is easy to do. I stopped using my pump 2 months ago and only pump by hand now... it is much faster and less painful for me.

    ReplyDelete