Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Weaning Experience - Kylee

I am officially finished pumping. Whoohoo!! You can read my previous entries here.

I EP'ed for a total of 6 months. At first I had very mixed feelings about weaning. I was very excited to be done, but on the other hand I felt guilty for quitting. Now that I am completely done I am glad I made the decision to stop.

My weaning process took a total of 8 weeks. I was pumping 5 times - 6, 10, 2, 5, & 9. Here was my weaning schedule.

-Starting 5 pumps a day
-Dropped 5 p.m. pump - total of 3 weeks. Full pumping session.
-Dropped 10 a.m. pump - total of 2 weeks. Full pumping session
-Dropped 2 p.m. pump - total of 1 week. Pumped for 10 minutes each session
-Dropped 9 p.m. pump - total of 1 week. Pumped for 10 minutes each session

When I was down to one pump per day I did this for about 4 days. I went 2 days without pumping, then pumped just enough to relieve a little pressure. That was my last time.

It feels amazing to have my life back! I feel like I can fully enjoy my son now without trying to figure out how I'm going to entertain him while I'm pumping.

At 6 months here are my stats:

* I spent a total of 330 hours pumping
* I pumped an estimated 9000 ounces
* I have a freezer stash that will last me 3 months

---
Way to go Kylee! We all celebrate when an EP mom makes her goal!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!! I still don't have the guts to stop almost 14 months and counting! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 months is awesome! How do you calculate how much you need in your freezer stash for 3 months? Or longer?

    ReplyDelete